[pct-l] The Thru Hiker Radio

Brett blisterfree at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 2 14:15:53 CDT 2006

I'm familiar with the Sony models. They ain't "uber-light"
in my book, and reception isn't very good. Bulky as sin too.

Someone once recommended Sangean for better reception
(possibly at the cost of durability). But these are also in
the 3 oz range.

If they can build AM/FM/MP3 into a pair of earbuds these
days, then can uber-weatherband be so far fetched?

Maybe Skymall will come through one of these days...
Meanwhile, I've got my eye on the Hammacher Schlemmer
hydrofoil water bike. Human powered - 17mph!

- bf

Simblissity Ultralight :: One-of-a-Kind Designs for the
Great Outdoors
www.simblissity.net