[pct-l] Hiking Solo

carol bruno carolwbruno at yahoo.com
Sun May 31 08:54:59 CDT 2009

I am a section hiker and just finished closing in a gap on section F.  I was very impressed with the thru hikers I met along the way.  They have all connected into a pretty tight-knit group and you would never guess that any of them started out solo.  Most of them---after weeks on the trail---were cleaner and healthier looking than I.  They seemed to be a very organized and disciplined group---determined to finish the trail.  But, more importantly, they were all having a good time.  Many commented on how wonderful Californians were to the hikers.  (Kudos to the trail angels!)  BTW, the springs are running fine and cache at Kelso well stocked.  CQ