[pct-l] Camping/Water north of Crater Lake

Will Rohrer wlrohrer at gmail.com
Thu May 28 01:28:50 CDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm doing a section hike in Oregon this summer and was wondering about the
area north of Crater Lake - I'm going to take the alternate route to go
around the rim, but there does not seem to be much water north of the rim.
Is there any water at the trailhead just northwest of the intersection with
Highway 138?  Does anyone know this area particularly well, or have
experience camping around here?  It's about 18 miles from the rim village to
highway 138, so I'll want to camp around there give or take a few miles.  I
also want to avoid going to Diamond Lake so I can scramble up Mt. Thielsen.

Thanks in advance,
Will