[pct-l] Rather funny.. :), and realistic advice

Bill Burge bill at burge.com
Thu May 21 18:13:51 CDT 2009

Permits, paperwork, etc...

http://www.consular.canada.usembassy.gov/weapons_into_canada.asp

Getting it home, kinda depends on the carrier:

http://deviating.net/firearms/packing/report.html

I'm a gun owner.  I doubt I would hike with one, except in some VERY
specific situations.  And if I felt that the hike warranted a firearm,
I would reconsider going.

I visit remote areas in my Jeep, I often have a firearm in the back.

As for killing a bear; bears are not trivial and it takes very serious
firepower or determination to accomplish it.  You're probably just as
viable with pepper spray as you would be with a light weight S&W 38spl.

BillB