[pct-l] Rather funny.. :), and realistic advice

Andrea Dinsmore zaqueltooocool at gmail.com
Thu May 21 17:39:02 CDT 2009

We have about 200-250 each year come through here in Skykomish. I don't
split the total numbers but most are thru hikers, a few are section hikers
and last year had a few come back to finish what the snow cut off the year
before. 8-10 each year are SOBO.

As to the carrying protection..........does anyone know what the laws in
Canada are about bringing a weapon into their Country ?? Can you take it on
a plane, train or bus when you go home ?? Very few of the hikers are
actually out there by themselves the whole trip. You most likely be by
yourself on your adventure only if you force the issue. The hikers tend to
end up in small groups of others who hike the same miles @ day and that get
along with each other. And how many others want to hike with an armed
nervous paranoid inexperienced hiker ??

PCT MOM