[pct-l] Transportation From Trail to SFO/Oakland AirportAround July 3?

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Wed May 20 10:54:17 CDT 2009

Echo Lake is 76 miles north of Sonora Pass; Tuolumne Meadows is 76 miles south.  There is no public transportation over sonora Pass, so you're going to have to stop at one of those two spots to get public transportation. Let timing be your guide.

Personally, I'd stop at Tuolumne Meadows, or if I had the time, take the JMT for 1 long or 2 easy days down to Yosemite Valley and get out there. Your PCTA thru-hikers permit will cover you on the detour to YV.