[pct-l] Trail Crest to Whitney Portal/ Lone Pine

Will M jalan04 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 11:31:47 CDT 2009

Thanks for the info.  I have opted to bring an ice axe.

I'm still hoping that I won't need it but  I've decided to err on the side
of caution.

Just out of curiosity, will there likely be people climbing Whitney from the
Portal in Mid June.
 The last time I hiked Whitney, late September, there was a veritable conga
line going up the mountain.

Hopefully, carrying an ice axe won't hurt my hitchhiking odds going down the
mountain.  :)