[pct-l] Trail Crest to Whitney Portal/ Lone Pine

Halfmile halfmile at pctmap.net
Tue May 19 11:55:05 CDT 2009

Will,
Whitney is very popular and I expect you will see other hikers even in mid June.
I think the ice axe is a wise precaution, because as you descend down
from Trail Crest you are on a northeast slope of the mountain that
tends to melt out much later than the western side PCT hikers come up
from Guitar Lake.
I don't think you will have any trouble getting a ride down to Lone
Pine, even with a ice axe.
-Halfmile