[pct-l] Just golng to put this out there...

jomike at cot.net jomike at cot.net
Mon May 4 12:29:57 CDT 2009

As to Reinhold, I put this out there for ALL to consider.  We are a diverse
group in many, many ways on the social, economic, and generational scales.
Views, attitudes, and political leanings range the spectrum.  Risking the
folly of stereotyping, the young and the diversity/sensitivity-trained on
this list know that sexist or racial comments are wrong and unacceptable,
yet it is generally acknowledged that many in the older generation do not
seem to have caught onto the shift in attitudes and acceptability. IMHO,
Reinhold is simply an example of that. Does that make him an evil troll?
No.  It merely makes him an example of a generation that doesn't see the
harm in making sexist or very un-PC remarks.  Personally, I don't think
Reinhold has never meant to cause offense.  I perceive that he may be
oblivious to the fact that many find his comments about females and sex
offensive.

Diversity does not include rude beyond words.

My husband is the "older" generation, as are his friends. Not a one would ever, has ever, spoken in such a manner.

Personally, IMHO, I believe he always means to offend.

They're not just "offensive" they are not the words of anyone with any manners or training.

are we there yet