[pct-l] How to get from White Pass to Cascade Locks for a section hike?

Jeff Whitmer jeff.whitmer at gmail.com
Sat May 2 17:24:18 CDT 2009

I'm planning a short section hike from Cascade Locks to White Pass for this
summer. I'd like to leave my car at White Pass and somehow get to Cascade
Locks to start.
It looks like I can get a Greyhound from Yakima to The Dalles, which is the
majority of the journey. That leaves a 16 mile hitch from White Pass to
Yakima, sounds easy enough. I'm stumped at trying to go from The Dalles to
Cascade Locks, which is about 40 miles. Is there any public transportation
down there? Have any of you guys tried hitching it?

I'm open to any other suggestions, other than yo-yoing it.

-Jeff