[pct-l] Ibupurofen, was knees

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Fri May 1 14:31:28 CDT 2009

Jeffrey Olson wrote:
> I always thought that Ibuprofen products reduced inflammation, which
> has the consequence of reducing the symptom of inflammation - pain.
> Or does it just mask pain???

When my knee started giving me trouble last year, I was reluctant to
take ibuprofen, not wanting to simply mask the pain. It was explained to
me that ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory, and would help reduce the
swelling. That is when I started taking it. And, yes, it did help reduce
the swelling.

According to Wikipedia, Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory drug.