[pct-l] the Grand Enchantment Trail (and my grand re-education fromthis season's hikers)

cmkudija at ca.rr.com cmkudija at ca.rr.com
Fri May 11 13:52:51 CDT 2007

Blisterfree - thanks so much for the botany report from the Sonoran desert.
My feet are itching but too many other obligations intrude at present - I'm
making them go away, one by one.

The Sandia crest is also lovely in the summer, after the monsoon rains wake
up the wildflowers.

Christine "Ceanothus" Kudija
PCT partially '94

www.pcta.org
Join Now!

Ceanothus (see-ah-no-thus) or California lilac:  Shrubs or small trees,
often with divaricate, sometimes spiny, twigs...[flowers] small but showy,
white to blue or purplish, sometimes lavender or pinkish, borne in terminal
or lateral panicles or umbellike cymes.
                                                               Philip A.
Munz
                                                               A California