[pct-l] Quotes

Bighummel bighummel at aol.com
Tue May 8 18:00:07 CDT 2007

 from "The Trail North" by Hawk Greenway, 1976

"I think I'm moving at a slower pace than everyone else.  I have a hard time watching people bustling around, always hurrying from one thing to another - people want to see it all, do everything.  I've watched others hurry through their lives.  Seems to me they miss a lot; they're never satisfied.  I don't want to rush through my life, and, so rushing, miss most of it."

Lots of first names of thru-hikers in this old classic that Scott Williamson gave to me at the KO.  I will try to match first names with the records of early hikers that I keep.

Greg "Strider" Hummel