[pct-l] Libido and the Hiker

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Fri Sep 22 04:06:56 CDT 2006

_reinholdmetzger at cox.net_ (mailto:reinholdmetzger at cox.net)   writes:

P.S.  Switchback, you said no sex on the PCT; you said nothing  about the
JMT.    So I assume it's okay to do it on the  JMT?

Actually, you bring up a good  point.  For years I have heard that the JMT
portion of the PCT is a hot bed  (pun intended) of illegal activity.  Just
because it goes on does not mean  it is right.  We need a JMT law enforcement
sweep.  All violators must  be rounded up and punished.  May be they should be put
in stocks at  trailheads for everyone to look at.  You know the hands and feet
 stocks.  The embarrassment would be profound.  Unfortunately and  sadly, I
would expect to see a lot of PCT-L participants shackled in these  stocks.

To continue my advice on why PCT  hikers cannot be party to sex ....

Tenth, sex disturbs others.   At campsites other hikers are trying to sleep.
There are noise curfews on  the PCT.  Tent walls are thin.

Eleventh, sex requires a good  memory.  If you misplace a name or mistakenly
use the wrong name of your  partner, watch out.  You do not know what trouble
is until you do  this.  If this happens in the actual act (saying the wrong
name out loud)  you are dead.  The hike is over.  This is a show stopper in so
many  ways.  Why take the chance?

Twelfth, wenching and the  associated trailtown sacking are frowned upon in
polite society.  These  activities can give you a bad reputation.  People will
try to avoid  you.  You will be an outcaste.

I hope this helps you to stay  focused on hiking and the PCT.  By the way, if
you are caught doing it  while on a supported or unsupported JMT record hike,
you could be banned for  life from hiking the PCT.  This is one of those fine
print items on the  back of your permit.

Your pal, Switchback the Trail  Pirate
Mister Manners of the  Trail