[pct-l] state parks closures - silver lining?

Postholer public at postholer.com
Sat May 30 18:47:20 CDT 2009

Closing these parks would be a bad thing, period. But a possible upside to
park closure could mean an impromptu moratorium on development.

Many of these parks are developed for people with cars, car campers,
campgrounds, etc. Not to mention disputed trail signage, kiosks, etc. If
your vision of the PCT is absent of these 'improvements' it might not all be
bad.

Regardless of the budget the park borders will continue to exist and still
be parks.

I expect (see I'm a spoiled hiker) that volunteer trail crews will continue
to what they do in regards to maintaining the PCT, though the trail
maintenance that the state handles will surely take a hit.

-postholer