[pct-l] Hiker Approaching Forester Pass

Carolyn Eddy ECPG at peoplepc.com
Fri May 29 23:41:25 CDT 2009

http://www.ada.gov/qasrvc.htm Pertains to my rights to use a service dog.
And no, the public can be as annoying as they want to be, however, if you
interfere with my rights to use my dog, which includes harrassment, you will
find that many cases have been won saying otherwise. Harrassment is
harrassment, and any cop will deal with it as if you are the bad guy if you
bother me while my dog is working.

Why is this a con job? I carry documentation just to protect myself from
people like those who think their access to public places is more important
than mine, although I'm not required to show it. All I can think from your
email is that you are young and/or have never had a disability that prevents
you from enjoying things you love and having to make the best of them.

And I don't have a problem with discussing my disabilities with interested,
polite bystanders. But fortunately, I don't have to answer to anyone but the
ADA.

I also posted the offlead comment to my assistance dog list. These are
people who know these laws well. The consensus is that as long as you are
conforming to leash laws and the dog is performing a task that requires it
to be off lead that it's legal. I don't feel that dogs should be offlead in
the wilderness at all, but Bob does help with moving gear so is occasionally
offlead when task oriented.

"Sweet Goat Mama"
Carolyn Eddy
www.goattracksmagazine.com