[pct-l] (photo) Hiker Approaching Forester Pass

Carolyn Eddy ECPG at peoplepc.com
Fri May 29 18:01:15 CDT 2009

I am not aware of any restrictions on this from a service dog point of
view.. Maybe it's a program restriction for certain types of uses of the dog
but I have never heard of it as a law of any kind. My dog is expected to be
able to perform some tasks offlead such as getting my husband, bringing me
stuff, that would not be possible if on lead.

Big AMEN to this! It's hard enough for us without idiots bringing FooFoo in
and having it jump all over people and annoy them.

BTW, you are only allowed to ask a person if the dog is a service dog, and
what tasks it performs, not what their disability is. Be careful and polite
when talking to people about their dog if they say it's a service dog. We
have a lot of rights that the average public would like to step all over,
but many have learned the hard way that sugar gets further than vinegar.

"Sweet Goat Mama"
Carolyn Eddy
www.goattracksmagazine.com