[pct-l] Camping/Water north of Crater Lake

Lost and Found hikingis4me2 at yahoo.com
Thu May 28 11:01:02 CDT 2009

Mother Goose and I took the stock route ('official PCT)  out of Crater Lake last year.  Would not advise it as there were many downed trees.  Looked as if no one had used the route for several years - least of all horses.  According to the Guide Book on pp. 102 and 103 there was water, but the last was at Red Cone Spring.  From there we took the Boundary Springs alternate route because we wanted to go to Diamond Lake.  Had no problems with water, but be prepared for mosquitoes.The Broken Arrow Campground, which is south of Diamond Lake has a free hiker/biker area with indoor plumbing!

Lost and Found