[pct-l] Road to VVR

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Sun May 24 21:07:08 CDT 2009

On May 24, 2009, at 9:47 PM, Denis Stanton wrote:

> I picked up on the VVR road thread because I'm thinking about that
> road for a different reason.  I'm looking for a ride out of VVR, or
> comments on the chances of getting one

It sounds like your travel dates aren't all the flexible, but I would
think that if you could hike two or three more days to Mammoth Lakes,
your travel options would be much better.

This site: <http://jrabold.net/mammoth/maminfo.htm> has some useful
public transportation info for Mammoth Lakes.  In particular it looks
like you can get a bus to Reno/Tahoe Airport.

I'm curious as to how you are getting to Road's End in Kings Canyon.
I seem to recall some discussion about how there is no public
transportation to there.

I'm not sure it fits with your plans, but you could fly into Reno/Tahoe
and then take a bus to Independence (airport to Bishop, Bishop to Lone
Pine) and then get back to the PCT via Kearsarge Pass.  If you really
want to start at Vidette Meadows though, you'll have to backtrack a
bit.