[pct-l] Tahoe Rim Trail

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Sat May 23 17:42:13 CDT 2009

As I mentioned in my last e-mail, I plan on doing the TRT.

Why? Because, logistically, it is easy to do, it is a place I haven't been in nearly 7 yrs and it looks cool. I plan on seeing if I can spank the thing
in 5-6 days as well for a personal challenge.

I do have some questions however in terms of getting to the trail/getting back.

It is a no-brainer to fly into Reno from Denver. It also looks like the best place to start is Tahoe City.

I could google the public transit options from Reno, but I thought I'd see if any you  locals may be able to give me a more succint description?

I figure fly in,, take a bus, hopefully get there early enough where I can get a few miles in on the trail (10 maybe?) and then start in earnest the follow day.

On last day I'll stroll into town, grab a motel, shower and fly back to Denver the following morning.  It will be a nice shake down hike for the (hopeful) big dance coming up in July. - The Canadian GDT. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Divide_Trail
http://cwillett.imathas.com/GDT/

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com