[pct-l] Just one statistic...

Mark Liechty mlaccs at mlaccs.com
Fri May 22 18:04:10 CDT 2009

Amanda L Silvestri wrote:
> and that is my concern, although most hunters, I believe, are responsible gun owner/operators, I fear non-hunting gun owners who are not familiar with the wilds.  I envision someone day-hiking or even a newbie backpacker panicking when they met a bear or when one enters their camp area at night.
#########

The end result of this logic is the conclusion that people are stupid
and do not deserve to have any rights that are not assigned by the
government.

Generally this is true.  People are way to stupid to have rights and we
need to pull them.  Especially people who would waste money  on camping
gear when the government is in such desperate need to get as much from
you as it can.

So lets all help get the guns collected\banned and then go to the next
step.  If you have a gun you will go to jail.

Next step is that there will be people who die from exposure.  no one
can go into the wilderness without several
layers of clothing.  If you are seen outside without several layers of
clothing you will go to jail.

We all know that people start fires.  if you are outside and have the
means to start a fire you will go to jail.

many get dehydrated.  People need 4-6 quarts a day.  If you have less
than 3 days of water on your person at any time then you go to jail.

And the list goes on and on and on.    Bottom line is that I don't own a
gun and cannot imagine wanting to carry it if I did.  But the thought
that this community in particular would abandon the concept of HYOH and
rapidly strip all rights from everyone just to enforce their will is
shameful at best.

Mark "Blankie" Liechty
mlaccs @ mlaccs . com