[pct-l] Just one statistic...

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Fri May 22 08:14:03 CDT 2009

On May 22, 2009, at 1:19 AM, mark v wrote:
> Those who choose to carry guns on the trail, you can feel safe,
> since it's doubtful you'll be the one out of 3 billion at risk for a
> fatal attack.  Please be sure you keep the rest of us safe by
> keeping your gun in your pack all the time.  No further comment.

I apologize for singling out Mark, but can we please stop this
discussion?  I would love to chime in and respond to some of the
points made but I don't think a general discussion of risk assessment,
liberty, gun rights, self-defense, federalism, and the nature of the
2nd, 9th, and 10th amendments is appropriate for this list.

If I hit delete and ignore the points made, I'm silently confirming
them.  If I jump in and extend an off-topic discussion, I'm
contributing to the problem, so I would like to just ask that we
observe earlier requests from our hosts and stop this line of
discussion.

Gary Wright