[pct-l] weapons question unanswered

ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com
Wed May 20 13:38:35 CDT 2009

Well said, Andrea, and I agree. I live and work in South Lake Tahoe, bear
country, and even had a huge bear the size of a garbage can walk through my
construction site last fall and another cruise by my front door in the dim
of dusk the other day.

It would seem that it is not accepted to kill an animal that is trying to
kill you simply because you are in its "home." I understand about bears.
They only want my food and if I am stupid enough to get between them then I
deserve whatever happens next. But what about the other backcountry locals
who may perceive my presence a threat?

How can I better educate and prepare myself for them?

Mtnned