[pct-l] Trail Crest to Whitney Portal/ Lone Pine

Carl Siechert carlito at gmail.com
Tue May 19 16:34:47 CDT 2009

Throughout the summer (including all of June), the portal has a daily quota
of 60 overnighters and 100 day hikers. And as you can see on the Mt. Whitney
Trail Reservation
Availability<http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/inyo/recreation/wild/whitneyavail.shtml>page,
nearly all the overnight reservations are taken, but most of the day
use reservations are still available--at least for the first part of the
month. Toward the end of the month (when you expect to be there), the conga
line begins to form.