[pct-l] Pct-l Digest, Vol 17, Issue 68

Mike Peterson wordgrouper at hotmail.com
Tue May 19 15:29:09 CDT 2009

I'm a Michiganer,?new to the PCT, planning to section hike from Truckee SOBO to Tehachapi.? I managed to snag a Frequent Flyer flight into LAX on June 29th, but now need to figure out the best way to hop on the PCT near Truckee. The best I can find is a 12-hour ride?on Amtrac and?Thruway buses via Bakersfield and Sacramento for $68.? I can live with that, but thought I'd see if anyone had any better ideas.

Can you fly into Reno? And avoid LAX? Truckee's just an hour up the hill from Reno.