[pct-l] Guidebooks. Help a brotha (sister?) out!

Will M jalan04 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 14:21:00 CDT 2009

Just thinking out of the box here but I can see a point where gps units will
be lighter, have great battery life and even offer MP3 players and phone
serivce.  Perhaps I have this backwards and I phones will have "real gps "
features with excellent battery life.

In either case, a gps type guide book with  camp sites, updated water
reports, local shuttle numbers, reports on snow levels and trail closures
would be the killer guidebook.  If kindles and other ebooks prove to be
rugged and last long, I could see having a guidebook on kindle would be
great. I'm generally not a tech head but I can see this happening very soon.

Regular guiideebooks are already available as mentioned earlier and Erik the
Blacks books seem to be evolving into the guidook of choice.  I was very
impressed with the changes he made form the first edition to the second.

For another example of popular guidebooks, check out Wingfoots AT guide.