[pct-l] Ursack feedback?

Ralph Alcorn rbalcorn at gmail.com
Tue May 19 10:46:56 CDT 2009

In the canister required areas we used Garcias & Bearikades, but outside of
that we have always carried the original model Ursacks, and have never had a
problem - maybe never even got a sniff from a bear, who knows? It is easy to
hang it improperly, and that may be the cause of some of the reported
problems. I put it as high as I can reach on a tree, using a figure 8 knot,
which tightens if you pull down on the bag.  We still have about 750 miles
to go to finish the pct, but carried ursacks on most of the rest. They give
us rodent, skunk, etc protection at a small weight cost.
--
Ralph Alcorn
http://www.backpack45.com/pct.html