[pct-l] Trail to open at Belden

Meridith Rosendahl mrosendahl at digitalpath.net
Mon May 18 10:07:51 CDT 2009

Good news!  I just spoke with Jim Evans at the Plumas National Forest office
in Quincy, CA, who told me that the 5-mile stretch of the PCT near Belden is
still closed.  However, they will shortly begin work with trail crews and
volunteer groups clearing the really big downed trees which have fallen on
the trail and the trees still in danger of falling.  He said that he'd bet
the trail would be open within a month, which puts the trail opening
somewhere around June 18!  He gave me permission to report this to you and
to the pct-l, so now we'll have to hold his toes to the fire, so to speak.
Hope this is good timing for you.

Love,
Mom