[pct-l] Peek on the trail

Matthew Edwards hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Sun May 17 23:23:03 CDT 2009

My reason for choosing a peek was simple.
It is 20 bucks a month flat rate. No contract.
The gadget was 50 bucks.
A charge lasts 4 days on standby.
It has worked from atop the Jacintos,Under HWY15,In the middle of desrt canyons,The San Felipe hills. I really don't see a problem with T mobile coverage.
My tribe has just as many issues with their Verizon and Att services as I do.
If I cant get signal I just save it to my drafts folder and send later.
I am really glad I did not spend 300 bucks and commit to spend another 1800 for a 2 yr service contract.
If I want to talk I just use the pin town.
This suits my "connectivity" needs just fine. I feel it is a bit more in keeping with my desire to be a bit less "availiable" and yet provides me with neccesary communication.
Not for everyone.. But suits me just fine.
Hey, If the thing don't work in OR or WA I can mail it home or chuck it in the garbage can.
No contract.. No hassle.. No worries
Cheers-Iceaxe

Sent from the Trail on my Peek