[pct-l] Looking for Nor Cal/Oregon/Washinton section to hike now

Fuzz McPherson fuzzmcpherson at yahoo.com
Sun May 17 21:02:30 CDT 2009

I crossed the PCT today near Government Camp.  The pass on Highway 26 (elevation just about 3,900) as you head North towards Government Camp (6 miles by road to Timberline lodge and ski area, elevation 6,000 feet, Govt Camp elevation 3,850 or so) looked to have snow between the trees, enough so that I'd guess the trail is covered.  It is fairly shaded between Timothy Lake (elevation about 2,900 feet) and Government Camp.  The trail from Government Camp to Timberline (I forgot the name of it, but it is at about the same elevation as that last 6 miles up to Timberline as Government Camp to Timberline is (of course) is covered in snow.  The elevation at about Timothy Lake or so (2,900 feet) looks clear.