[pct-l] Trail Closed at Belden

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Fri May 15 12:42:52 CDT 2009

The route I'm thinking of leaves the PCT shortly after crossing Hwy 70. At
some point after entering the Lassen NF it appears to join a jeep road,
which crosses the PCT north of Poison Spring.

The first part is shown on this map

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/forestvisitormaps/plumas/07.php

a little hard to see but this trail goes uphill a little west of the
trailhead. This map shows it joining an OHV road before Indian Springs
(any water?) and Road 6E06.

The next map

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/forestvisitormaps/lassen/35.php

calls the trail the Indian Springs Trail, and shows it as an OHV trail
then becoming a dirt road further along. It shows a few other intersecting
jeep roads so bring a good map.

I recall this was an official detour some years ago after a different fire
which led to the washout of the PCT in Chips Creek (resulting in the two
quick creek crossings now). I don't know what shape the route is in, but
it would seem better than walking 40 miles of highway.

AsABat