[pct-l] closure of ollalie lake resort?

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed May 13 22:08:12 CDT 2009

Ned, Bob,
Do not let a land lease discourage you or any other interested party
from pursuing this.
I have been a Commercial Real Estate Broker for over 30 years and do
have a fair understanding of leases.
Most people are under the impression that if it is a land lease, it
can't be a good deal.
Not so, if the land lease is structured properly it can be as good as
any fee simple real estate transaction.
Some people prefer a land lease over a fee simple transaction because
the land lease, if structured properly, will usually
result in more depreciation since the full purchase price can be
depreciated over the remaining life of the lease vs only the
improvements if it is not a land lease and should also result in better
performance (cash flow) during the holding period to compensate for the
potential loss of future appreciation.
So like I said do not let a land lease discourage you.

JMT Reinhold