[pct-l] Feeding the troll

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed May 13 21:11:18 CDT 2009

Sara,
The alligator may look at this in an entirely different way.
In the alligators mind this has been his home long before you got there.
You trespassed on his turf, he did not invite you to be his neighbor.
If you do not approve of him as a neighbor, you should not have moved
into his neighborhood.
You suggest solving your problem by relocating the alligator.
Your neighbor, the alligator, would prefer solving your problem by you
moving out of the neighborhood, which is not quiet to your liking, and
finding a neighborhood that is more to your liking.
Like you, I also have a passion for hiking and probably have hiked more
miles than you will ever hike.
I always find it so amusing when our self appointed critics of list
morality and appropriate list topics always cry troll when they are in
disagreement with someones sense of humor or what is proper list topic.

The reaction is always the same........Baaahhhh........I don't like what
he is saying......sniff, sniff, sniff,......I don't like what he is
talking  about......Boooohhhhhoooo.......I want everybody to talk about
what I like to talk about.......sniff, sniff, sniff.
HE IS A TROLL!!!.......BANN  HIM!!!

Like JoAnn, you make accusations without having your facts straight.
You accuse Brick of deleting your posts, while letting me post whatever
I want.....you are wrong on both.
Your posts have not been deleted, they are posted on the list for all to
see.
Get your facts straight before attacking people.

BTW.....I did not start this controversy as alleged by JoAnn.....it was
initiated by Postholer and JoAnn.
But, like I said, the trolls start a controversy and then call the
responding party a troll.
I find this very amusing.

JMT Reinhold
-------------------------------------

Sara wrote:
If you come home one day and find, say, an alligator in your swimming
pool (I live in Florida, so the analogy works for me), would you leave
it there and simply erect a sign that says, "Don't feed the alligator"?
Or would you solicit a professional to remove the alligator (relocate,
not destroy), so that you could enjoy your pool in relative safety?
Trolls continue to be trolls, because they are allowed to be trolls.
They victimize because they are allowed to victimize.   I absolutely
LOVE this listserv.  I have learned a lot.  I have also enjoyed having a
community of people who share a common interest:  hiking (in general)
and hiking the PCT (more specifically).  But I've about had enough of
the troll.  He's allowed to post indiscriminately, without recourse,
whereas I've been censored.  During the recent controversy, one or more
of my responses never posted.  I assume the administrator shut down the
threads before my posts actually made the list.  I had spent time and
energy writing what I thought were thoughtful posts, only to have them
deleted before they made it to the list.  And yet the troll gets to post
whatever he wants to, whenever he wants to.  I don't get it.