[pct-l] Catra

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed May 13 13:20:06 CDT 2009

Aaahhh yes, ....."CATRA".....Still looks just as seductive as I remember
her.
Catra and I met on a moonlit summer night in the hut, on top of Mt.
Whitney, in 2004.
Catra had just completed the first half of her JMT  jo-jo and I was
sleeping in the hut on the eve of my unsupported 5 day, 7hrs.,45 minutes
JMT fastpack.
I also accompanied Catra from the border to Lake Moreno on her  PCT
record attempt in 2007.
If Catra would have dumped those  "wanna hike with Catra loosers"  who
always wanted to hook up with her and and only slowed her down, and
hooked up with Tattoo Joe instead, like I encouraged her,  who was also
speed hiking the PCT at the same time but was a few days ahead of Catra,
she would have had a better chance at the record.

Maybe this year Catra could hook up with Switchback who could pace her
at a blistering record pace down the PCT.

JMT Reinhold
Still dreaming about Catra

Here's the link http://picasaweb.google.com/ki6asp/SanDiego50MileRun# On
Wed, May 13, 2009 at 7:39 AM, The Incredible Bulk <ki6asp at gmail.com