[pct-l] Watch for falling trees

Thomas Jamrog balrog at midcoast.com
Wed May 13 09:44:55 CDT 2009

It is very unusual to witness the natural falling of a large tree in
the forest.  Most people never experience it, even folks who spend a
lot of time in the woods.  I was fortunate to witness a large tree
fall when I was walking on the AT in Maine last September.  There was
no wind, it was time for the tree to cease the growth cycle and
initiate the decomposition cycle.  I hold it as one of my treasured
experiences.  We ued to call these events "Happenings".
Uncle Tom