[pct-l] access roads to the pct

jomike at cot.net jomike at cot.net
Mon May 4 11:41:22 CDT 2009

Anyone day hiking should read the book: "Day Hikes on the Pacific Crest Trail -California" by George and Patricia Semb. Available from Amazon and many hiking stores. (About $12 bucks at Amazon.) This book series gives details of roads and parking options all along the PCT thru each state. This couple take their small sedan every where and describe many access points. Its great for planning resupply access. They discuss the pros and cons of hiking NB or SB on various segments of the trail. It is well organized and a fun read.

Doug Musso

As a section hiker I use their books (CA is one, OR and WA another) and would be all but lost without them. When my husband drops me off at a trailhead, it helps him find his way to me at the other end of my hike. Can't recommend them highly enough.

are we there yet