[pct-l] Superfeet?

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun May 3 08:55:40 CDT 2009

On May 3, 2009, at 2:25 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Re: Superfeet?
I agree that superfeet are just another gimmick out to grab some
money from you. You could probably do just as well to cut a shoe-
shaped piece of plastic and lay that inside your shoe under the
original insole because the only real benefit I ever felt was from
the plastic thing preventing me from feeling large rocks.

What I started using were these things called 2oz miracles and lately
I've been using memory foam insoles. They are soft and cushy. The
memory foam seems to last longer than the 2oz miracles. I don't know
if they would make dress shoes feel better for someone with a
herniated disk, but for someone hiking the PCT they certainly make
road walking more tolerable. At $8-$14 I'm sure they, too, are just
another way to extract money from you, but they sure are comfy.

If I were required to wear dress shoes, I would spend the big bucks
and get really expensive shoes like Mephisto or Earth shoes or
whatever similar shoe out there. You know, something that looks like
a dress shoe on the outside but feels like Birkenstocks on the inside.