[pct-l] Ibupurofen, was knees

The Incredible Bulk ki6asp at gmail.com
Fri May 1 14:58:33 CDT 2009

I had surgery to repair (cleanup) a torn meniscus about 10 weeks ago.  My
knee has hurt on and off ever since, even at last week's kick off I was
hobbling around.  Yesterday, I woke up to no pain.  I decided to try to hike
on it.  I did my usual 5 mile training hike (I hadn't done this hike in
quite a while).  Took it easy on the down hill using two hiking poles, and
had little to no pain throughout the entire hike.

I thought I would pay the price last night, but I had no pain.  Actually,
ankle hurt but not knee.  I thought that this morning I would really be
sore.  No pain!  I do not understand it.  As of this message, it still does
not hurt.  I have been taking glucosamine and chondroitin, immediately after
surgery, but still had pain.  I started taking Trader Joe's fish oil caps
one week ago, after someone suggested it on this list.  Can that really be
the difference?

Looks like I'll be able to section hike this year after all.  : )

Tom
The Incredible Bulk

--
Tom KI6ASP