[pct-l] Leaving a trace

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Thu May 31 22:46:53 CDT 2007

Being llamapackers gives us an advantage in this department.  We pick up
loads of trash along the trail and haul out all the lost and discarded
junk we find.  The list of found items over the last several years is
pretty amusing.  We carry  a rake, shovel and saw for impromptu trail
work (that is, the llamas carry them).  During spring training we carry
a chain saw and do some serious log clearing in section C.  This link is
a sample of work we did so far this year.

http://picasaweb.google.com/raydav94/PacificCrestTrailMaintenance7Apr0728May07

Once in a great while I get hate mail from stock haters on this list.  I
just want to remind them that stock carry many of the tools used to
build and maintain the trail.
Marion