[pct-l] Water

Wallace, Mark S. MWallace at Stutman.com
Tue May 22 19:14:02 CDT 2007

If you expect to find water farther on up the trail at the Neenah Elementary School (just north of Highway 138), forget it.  The school is closed and shuttered and has been for years.  The guidebook is woefully out of date.

My son James and I hiked the trail between Lake Hughes and Highway 138 (we got as far as Neenah) in mid April.  At that time there was water in the creek at Upper Shake, but it was just a trickle.

Mark Wallace

-----Original Message-----
From: pct-l-bounces at backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces at backcountry.net]On Behalf Of Bill & Cathy Frenette
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 5:04 PM
To: AsABat
Cc: pct-l at mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Water

 "How's Your Trail"?  Just came in from the trail. Came off at the Shake camp grounds, if that's what you want to call them? Mile 494.0 by the water report. We hiked the trail out to Pine Canyon Rd. We did not see any water in the upper Shake creek but if you go down the creek about 100 yards from upper shake then the creek really becomes a creek. Looks like it will be there for some time. Remember "Be Prepared"  Ground Pounder Bill "Semper Fi"
unsubscribe or change options:

This Internet e-mail contains confidential information
which is intended only for the addressee and which may
be privileged under applicable law.  Do not read, copy
or disseminate it if you are not the addressee.  If you
have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete it.  Thank you.