[pct-l] Serious Bear Protection

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Fri May 18 15:47:14 CDT 2007

_Tortoise73 at charter.net_ (mailto:Tortoise73 at charter.net)  writes:  I  have
another question!  Will this fence keep pirates out of my  food?
-----------------------------------
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha ....... cough, cough, cough  .................

That's pretty funny ---- and the answer is no, since  pirates would wait and
ambush you on the trail.

Say, I was thinking when I came across this electric fence  idea that it
would be really funny to see PCT campsites up and down the trail  surrounded by
fences.  All night long you would hear a buzz sound as the  bears try to test
the campsite perimeters.  Just like a bug zapper light  does at night.  This is
too cool.

Of course, I am probably the only one that sees the humor  in this whole
thing.  :-)  And I know.  It is not List  appropriate, takes up bandwidth, etc.,

Switchback the Bug