[pct-l] pct-l Digest, Vol 43, Issue 15

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Mon May 14 22:03:09 CDT 2007

Ground Pounder writes: Hey Switchback, did you check out the year at  the end
of this letter? It says Grama Gatewood did the AT in 1955?  What  was the
answer you got at the KO? I believe it was wrong if this is  right.

---------------------------------
The question at the Kickoff seminar  for the pink flamingo shelter stakes was
how old was Grandma Gatewood when she  began her hiking career.  It was 67.

The reason I like this fact so much  is that I will be 66 when I do my PCT
thru hike in 2013.  This give me some  hope.

I got my information from the book, We're in the Mountains, Not Over the
Hill by Susan Alcorn.  This is a good book and I enjoyed reading it down at  the
Kickoff.

Say, at the big KM event coming up in June, I will be giving away some more
excess gear like I did down at the Kickoff.  I have a tent, ice ax, bear
canister, etc to be given away free.  I want to clear out my garage of all  this
stuff that has piled up.

Your obedient servant, Switchback  the Free Yard Sale