[pct-l] Interested in an April trip with 5-6 highschool kids

Riley Lark rileylark at gmail.com
Thu May 10 11:57:49 CDT 2007

Hello,

I've spent some time on the AT - I've been leading 5-10 day long trips there
for 9-14 year olds for about 8 years.  I am now being given the opportunity
to plan a trip somewhere else with 16-18 year old kids, and I'm interested
in the PCT.  Unfortunately, I know almost nothing about it, so I'm hoping
someone here can refer me to some more information.

I'm looking to do a 1-2 week backpacking trip some time in April next year.
Is there a section of the PCT that will be relatively easily passable then?
My kids will not necessarily be experienced hikers.  Does anyone have any
recommendations, or favorite sections of the trail?  We can go anywhere from
southern CA up to Washington, though I assume northern areas will be much
more difficult in April.

Any information or references to other sources would be really appreciated.
Thanks!

Riley