[pct-l] Storm Damage from last fall

RJ Lewis karmagurl at rainierconnect.com
Wed May 9 22:29:57 CDT 2007

Hi all,
  In case anyone is wondering, the storm that everyone is talking about
that wiped out the PCT, also wiped out parts of the Wonderland Trail in
Rainier National Park...it has also done considerable damage to many
other places. I've seen the damage first hand up here in WA state, and
all I can say is *WOW*. With trees being rooted so shallowly, they come
up far easier than do the more deeply rooted ones, and they came up like
matchsticks all over the western half of the state. Many rivers and
streams were rerouted this past winter, not just one or 2.

Be prepared for the unexpected this year on the PCT, would be my best
advice, especially up here in Oregon and Washington states. As the snow
goes out, we can all see more of the damage that storm wrought, but for
now, it's mostly guesswork. What I can see now....total destruction in
many cases. I'm just hoping for the best,  myself. =)

Peace!
Ronnie Jo