[pct-l] Santiam Pass to Timberline Lodge

Brian McLaughlin bmclaughlin at bigplanet.com
Wed May 9 15:41:18 CDT 2007

If the trail is truly "wiped out", then I suppose it will require
every PCT hiker, whether thru or section, to detour. In which
case, it will probably add miles and complications to the
section being discussed -- but the question was if it would
be viable to hike from Santiam Pass to Timberline in the
second week of July. I think my answer still applies - it's
a definite maybe, depending on trail conditions and what
the hiker is able to accomplish in pursuit of his goal. If he
doesn't make it, then that's all in the breaks of the game.
Doesn't mean he ought not to try.