[pct-l] rocketgirl

Matt Geis mgeis at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 13:00:11 CDT 2007

I heard about her, but I was a day hiker, not an night hiker, and by the time I did any real night hiking (the Mojave), I can only presume Rocketgirl was WAY ahead of me.  I did, however, find her trail register entry right about where you get back on the trail (after leaving the road), just past Jeff and Donna's house on the way north from AD.  I'm guessing that's 5 miles or so from their house.

If anybody has Han Solo's email address, he might be able to shed more light on the Rocketgirl phenomenon.  From what I recall, they were in a bit of a competition once he got the idea in his head that someone might eclipse his goal of beating Flyin' Brian's 2001 PCT time.

Matt (Iron Chef, PCT '02)