[pct-l] More damage to PCT in Oregon

Pea Hicks phix at optigan.com
Fri May 4 13:03:49 CDT 2007

nosirreeb wrote:
>>From the Thursday May 3 edition of the Salem, OR "Statesman-Journal".
> Full article at
> http://www.statesmanjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070503/OUTDOORS/705030302/1034
>
> (If your interested in the full article, grab it quick because it will
> probably be online for only a week or so.)
>
> "... the Pacific Crest Trail will be virtually impassable at Milk
> Creek, where it once traversed gargantuan deposits from similar
> historic events, but now is blocked by a 50-foot-deep ravine that has
> vertical walls on both sides."

thanks for posting this! i'm heading up to that area in august to hike
the only portion of the pct i missed last year, due to the puzzle fire
closure. i had to skip from mckenzie pass to woodpecker ridge, which is
just a couple miles south of the milk creek crossing. i've been debating
whether to end my hike at woodpecker ridge, or hike the rest of the way
to ollalie (even though i did that bit last year), but if milk creek is
impassible, i guess that makes my decision a bit simpler!

girlscout