[pct-l] JMT record??

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed Sep 27 09:54:21 CDT 2006

 DEEMS, DEEMS, DEEMS,

 I don't deserve all this flattery and buildup.
You are placing me in a category I don't belong......... 30 years ago,
maybe?
There's no question in my mind that any number of our endurance hikers or
runners could beat my time.  As a matter of fact, AL SHAVER, a super
athlete, is on the JMT right now trying to break it and if Al does not break
it, JOHN STAMSTAD most certainly will break it next year.
John is a hall of fame super endurance athlete,  his name is all over the
internet, who has decided that he wants the unsupported JMT record, and John
always achieves what he sets out to achieve.
He failed In his 2005 attempt because his shoes fell apart and failed in his
2006 attempt because he became ill.
He is going to come back with a vengeance in 2007 because John is not going
to settle for failing twice to beat a 65 senior citizen's time.  He will be
back next year to claim the JMT unsupported record if Al does not claim it
first.
It's time to pass on the torch to the younger generation.

Thank you for your flattering comments but I don't really deserve them
Deems.

JMT Reinhold
Your hopelessly in love with the JMT trail companion