[pct-l] ALERT......... hiker suffecates in bivy sack

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Tue Sep 26 18:56:35 CDT 2006

I've heard reports of other people suffocating in similar circumstances.
One women covered herself with a tarp in freezing weather with
precipitation. During the night while she slept, ice formed around the
entire edge sealing the tarp to the ground and she suffocated. So there
is a warning in this in using any type of shelter.

Always make sure you have some ventilation that won't freeze or snow shut.

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>