[pct-l] fire closures

Frank Dumville fdumville at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 20 11:30:31 CDT 2006

I just finished my northbound CA hike into Ashland on Saturday, September
16. The PCT was open. Section R from Seiad to Ashland was clear but it was
a bit smokey in sections P and Q.


> [Original Message]
> From: David Hough on pct-l <pcnst2001 at sbcglobal.net>
> To: <pct-l at mailman.backcountry.net>
> Date: 9/19/2006 10:58:03 PM
> Subject: [pct-l] fire closures
> I'm thinking of a hike next week, 
> possibly in conjunction with
> ALDHA-West.    The Pacific Northwest fires ought to be
> drenched out by now, but I was wondering if there
> were any residual PCT closures (which sometimes
> persist
> after the fire due to secondary effects)
> Plan A is to go from Breitenbush to Ramona Falls.
> The forecast is pretty damp.
> Plan B is to go from Ashland (no longer from
> Callahans)
> to Seiad Valley.    There were fires in the vicinity,
> and I don't think there's been much rain there.
> Plan C is to go from South Lake/Bishop Pass to Reds
> Meadow (and forget completely about ALDHA-West).
> Not many fires there, but not much rain either.
> Anybody with current information on PCT trail closures
> in those areas, please let me know.
> _______________________________________________
> pct-l mailing list
> pct-l at backcountry.net
> unsubscribe or change options:
> http://mailman.hack.net/mailman/listinfo/pct-l

More information about the Pct-L mailing list